Banana Frozen Yogurt
- 4 large or 6 medium-size ripe or very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup mild honey, such as clover
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Peel the bananas, cut into thick slices and freeze for 24 hours or longer, until frozen solid, in airtight bags.
2. Chill a one-quart container in the freezer. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, mix together the yogurt, honey and vanilla extract. Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer, add to the food processor, and pulse until the bananas have broken up in the yogurt. Turn on the food processor, and process until the mixture is smooth, stopping the machine from time to time to make sure there are no big lumps. If there are, pulse to break up the lumps, and then continue to process the mixture until smooth. Scrape out of the food processor into the chilled container, and freeze for two hours for soft-serve frozen yogurt or four hours or more for solid frozen yogurt. Allow to soften for 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator before scooping.