Lavash Pizza With Smoked Salmon
This is inspired by Wolfgang Puck’s signature smoked salmon pizza, and it’s a great way to work more salmon, rich in omega-3 fats, into your diet. The trick here is to bake the lavash just until the edges are crisp, but not so long that it’s too crisp all the way through to cut easily.
- 1 9-by-12-inch lavash
- 1/4 cup drained regular 2 percent yogurt or thick, Greek-style 2 percent yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or chives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plain or mixed with 1 finely minced clove garlic
- 3 to 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (enough to cover the lavash)
- 2 additional teaspoons chopped chives
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the lavash on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, just until the edges are crisp and browned. Remove from the heat, brush with the oil and set aside.
2. Mix together the yogurt, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon dill or chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread over the lavash in a thin layer. Top with overlapping slices of smoked salmon. Sprinkle the salmon with chives, grind on some pepper and serve.
Yield: Serves two.
Advance preparation: You can bake the lavash and prepare the yogurt mixture several hours before you assemble the pizza.
Nutritional information per serving: 249 calories; 10 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 12 milligrams cholesterol; 25 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1040 milligrams sodium (does not include salt added during preparation); 14 grams protein