Lavash Pizza With Zucchini and Goat Cheese Topping
Certain dishes are perfect for zucchini, and this is one of them. It looks beautiful here, and the goat cheese and mint are perfect partners.
- 1 9-by-12-inch lavash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1 pound)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped or slivered fresh mint leaves
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees, preferably with a baking stone in it.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy nonstick skillet. Add the zucchini. Cook, stirring or tossing in the pan, just until the zucchini begins to look translucent, about three minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds to a minute until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from the heat.
3. Place the lavash on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the lavash. Arrange the zucchini on top in overlapping rows. Drizzle on the remaining olive oil, and place in the oven. Bake 15 minutes until the lavash is crisp and browned on the edges. Remove from the heat, sprinkle on the mint and serve.
Yield: Serves two.
Advance preparation: You can cook the zucchini through Step 2 several hours before you assemble and bake the lavash pizza.
Nutritional information per serving: 409 calories; 25 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 30 milligrams cholesterol; 32 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 297 milligrams sodium (does not include salt added during preparation); 15 grams protein